Monday, March 10, 2014

Sketch Journal: Aura


I think it's fair to say I took my jolly good time with this one. Really only working on it when I felt inspired and not forcing anything (ok ok, that's my 'creative person' speak for 'being lazy'). Initially I set myself out these pinterest challenges to work on my ability to replicate likeness of faces, but when I started this piece, the more I got into it, the less I used the reference picture and the more I enjoyed it! Look at me with the embracing of the creativity within! 

Here is the original photo inspiration compared to my progress images.



Seeing as I went in a slightly different direction to the reference picture I decided to put the piece up on my society6 store for sale. It's available as your standard print, framed, or canvas, but I've also made it available as a phone cover, cushion, tote bag and clock! How progressive and trendy of me! Pretty sure it's available as a gift card too, so plenty of options if you want it for your own little hot hands. Yay for finally posting something art related!!

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Such a good idea, especially since pinterest has such wonderful images to practice from. I love that you added color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! That's so awesome of you to say. I really need to get back on the blogging horse! Trust me, I'm psyching myself up to it! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. looks amazing!! you are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Julia! I just need to keep it up! haha :)

      Delete